Man never Is, but always To be blest.
The soul, uneasy, and confin'd from home,
Rests and expatiates in a life to come.”
― Alexander Pope, Essay on Man and Other Poems
I've always told myself that the reason I've made it to 30 is my abundance of hope. I want my life to be different and I try to have faith that one day it will be. One day I'll finally be happy. But the truth is that it's not my hope that's kept me going, for in my darkest moments there is no hope to be found, no joy in just being alive. What has never failed me though is my tenacity. I refuse to let the universe win. We're locked in a crazy battle and the universe and I have been fighting for the upper hand my entire life.
And so to the universe I have only one thing to say: bring it bitch.
Who needs hope when you've got a universe trying to destroy you? I am not a wide-eyed dreamer, I'm a pissed off fighter and I will never back down from a challenge.
- Michelle
No comments:
Post a Comment